All UVM Employees can execute these steps on their UVM-owned computers, if they have Administrator rights on the PC they wish to join to the CAMPUS domain. At this time, ETS does not recommend joining Apple computers to the CAMPUS domain, due to problems with the stability of the sync operation.
Note: UVM owned computers which have been purchased at the Depot should already be CAMPUS domain joined, unless the purchase order specifies otherwise.
How to join a Windows PC to the UVM CAMPUS domain:
- Click the search box on the taskbar, type “system”, select System (Control Panel) in the search results.
- In the System window that appears, click the Change Settings button.
- In System Properties window, make sure the Computer Name tab is selected, then click the Change button.
- Select the Domain option, then type in the domain: campus.ad.uvm.edu
Then click OK.
- You should now be asked to enter your credentials. Make sure to format this correctly. If your NetID is jshmoe, you would want to enter:
Password: ************ [your NetID password]
- If you are prompted to restart your computer, do so.
It is recommended you log out immediately once you’ve completed this process, then log in with your NetID and password.