The University of Vermont Enrollment for Education Solutions with Microsoft now offers all current UVM students up to five free licenses of Microsoft Office on PC/Mac as well as mobile phone and tablet platforms as part of the Student Advantage Program, and one license to current faculty and staff (this does not include retirees, affiliated organization employees, or temporary employees). These licenses will work for as long as you have a current student, faculty, or staff affiliation with the University.
This is a tutorial for install Office 365 on a Mac:
1. Open a web browser and go to http://go.uvm.edu/getoffice. You will need to log into this page using your NetID and password associated with your UVM account.
2. From here you can see which programs you’ll be downloading, as well as how many licences you have left to install. You can install Office by clicking on the Install button at the bottom of the page.
3. Find the location where you downloaded the .dmg file, and click on it to run it.
NOTE: If you’re having trouble running the .dmg file, go to your System Preferences (by clicking on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen), and click on Security & Privacy. From there, under the General tab, you’ll want to change Allow apps downloaded from: to Anywhere. You may have to click on the lock icon in the bottom left corner of the window to allow this. You should then be able to run the .dmg file.
4. A window should appear that will ask you to accept the terms and conditions, find a location to install Office (usually MacintoshHD), and install Office. It may ask you enter the administrator password for your machine.
5. Once it finishes installing, you will need to activate it. To do this, first open any Office 356 program.
6. A window should appear that gives you an option to activate via an existing subscription (should be the second option). Click on this option.
7. When prompted for an account username and password, use your netID@uvm.edu as your username and the password associated with your UVM account.
And that’s it! You have successfully installed Office 365 onto your Mac.