A student who has parents, a spouse or others supporting the financial aspect of his/her education, should set those people up with Proxy Access through myUVM.
By setting someone up as a Proxy, a student is giving Student Financial Services permission to speak with that person about his/her financial aid and billing account. The student can also grant a Proxy online access to their Financial Aid and/or Accounts Receivable information.
Proxies who have been granted access to Accounts Receivable information will be able to access the student’s billing account online through the Proxy login go.uvm.edu/proxyaccess. There, the Proxy may view the account activity and balance, billing statements, make online payments (currently under construction) and access Federal Tax Form 1098T. Proxies who have been granted access to Accounts Receivable information will also receive copies of all billing related emails, including notification when a statement is available to view and reminders about any applicable due dates.
HOW TO SET UP A PROXY – STUDENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Log into MyUVM and select “Set up SFS proxy access and manage authorizations” from the Student Financial Services page.
- Add a new proxy by selecting “Add Proxy”
- Complete your proxy’s first name, last name, and email address. Click “Add Proxy.” A notification email will be sent to your proxy.
- Now that you have created your proxy, you must complete their profile and grant their authorizations. To do this, please expand the proxy by clicking on their name or email address.Your proxy will not be able to view any of your information until this has been completed!
- Select “Proxy” as the relationship. The Start Date will default to the date you created your proxy. The Stop Date will default to six years from the start date.
- Continue to the Authorization tab and select the information you would like your proxy to be able to view. You may authorize your proxy to view Accounts Receivable information, Financial Aid information, or both. Once you have completed the authorization set up, email your proxy to let them know that they can now access your information.
- Changes are automatically saved as they’re made. You’ve now completed the set up process.
- To view changes to this proxy’s authorizations, please see the History tab.
ACCOUNT SET UP AND USE – PROXY INSTRUCTIONS
- When your student creates your Proxy Access, you will receive two emails.
- The first email (shown below) with subject “READ FIRST: Action Required To Activate UVM Proxy Access” contains a one-time use web address (URL) as well as an “Action Password” for you to complete the set-up of your Proxy Access account.
2. The second email (shown below) with the subject “New UVM SFS Proxy Relationship” contains the web address to subsequent logins. As outlined in this email, the student must authorize screens for your use before you will have online access to their information.
- Click on the URL in the first email to access the login page and enter the Action Password provided.
- The next step will be for you to change your PIN. Enter the Action Password as your old PIN. Enter a new PIN. The PIN must be numeric and be between six and fifteen digits. Click save.
- You are now logged into your Proxy account. On the profile tab you can update your email address or request to change your PIN.
- Click on the tab with your student’s name to access the authorized screens. If you have more than one student who has authorized you to view their information, you will see a tab for each student.
- When you click on the link to an authorized screen, such as “View Current Account Balance” it will launch in a new browser window.
- To exit the Proxy Access system, please close your browser
- NOTE: if no pages have been authorized, please contact your student and request they set up your authorizations as outlined in the student instructions above.
- For subsequent logins, please go to go.uvm.edu/proxyaccess.