Reading Time: 1 minute, 33 secs
UVM’s Virtual Private Network service allows remote users with UVM credentials to securely access resources that are normally restricted to on-campus users.
Access to the VPN service is controlled. To request VPN access on your account, visit go.uvm.edu/vpnrequest, read and agree to the Acceptable Use Policy, then click the “Request VPN Access” button. Your request will take some time to be processed.
- After you have connected to a working Internet connection, open your preferred web browser (safari, firefox, chrome) and go to the following link: https://sslvpn.uvm.edu
- Log in using your UVM NetID and password.
- If you entered your credentials correctly, you should see one of the following pages:
- Login was successful and you have VPN access. Please click “Continue”
- Login unsuccessful, as you do not have VPN access. Please visit go.uvm.edu/vpnrequest to request VPN access, then return to step 1.
- An automatic installer will attempt to run, but will be unsuccessful. You will be prompted to manually install the client. Click “AnyConnect VPN” on the manual installation page to download the client.
- A download of the AnyConnect dmg file should begin. Find the file on your machine and double click it to open it. You may have to look in your Downloads folder for the dmg file.
- After opening the AnyConnect dmg file, you will need to open the AnyConnect pkg file. Double click it and go through the installer.
- After installation is complete, you should now be able to open the “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client” from your Applications folder.
- Under “Ready to Connect”, enter in “sslvpn.uvm.edu” and hit “Connect”
- Enter in your UVM Credentials, hit “Accept” at the AnyConnect Banner, then you should be properly connected to UVM’s VPN service.
If you are experiencing problems or need further assistance, please contact the UVM Tech Team at